Knox Bicycle Plan Review
The Knox Bicycle Plan was reviewed in 2007 with the objectives being to:
- consider the progress of bicycle facility implementation since the last review.
- identify underlining principles for future development,
- consider the community's needs,
- develop new programs for bicycle facilities, and
- encourage and support an increase in the use of bicycles as a means of transport throughout the City of Knox.
The community needs were determined through an extensive questionnaire consultation process involving schools and the general public.
The Council's own Bicycle Committee (which includes Councillors, Council officers and cyclists) played an invaluable role in directing the completion of the Plan.